My Censorship's Opinion

Today, I would like to use this opportunity to share my opinion on Malaysia censorship after I done my project. My project is about Malaysia censorship and I was focused on Lena Hendry case. It is a case about human rights issue because Lena Hendry was sentenced under an act that never uses before at screening. This case was started in the year 2013 until this year then only close file. She just screens the film about human rights in a private event and then gets charged due to it has not been proving by the Malaysia Censorship board.

For me, I think it is weird and unfair because she is just screening the film in a private event. Lena Hendry even though not the director of the film or getting any profit from the film but she getting charge by the censorship board. As a modern country, we cannot simply put a charge on other people like this case. We have to search for evidence before we put a charge on other people.

Censorship of Malaysia is not well planned. After I done my project, I realized that the censorship nowadays is not suitable for our society. It is more suitable for the old time but not current society because the society at present is more matured compare with the pass. We cannot use the older mindset to treat our society, we have to move on. Therefore, the censorship also needs to move on to suit with the society to avoid the silly and ridiculous mistake like Lena case.

After this project, my perception on censorship doesn’t change compared to my earlier perception. For my earlier perception on censorship, the censorship is weird and I think sometimes is useless because it censors a lot of things that not necessary to censor. Furthermore, our country already has a rating system for our society but why still have to censor? It makes the rating system become useless and it just looks like an adornment. Therefore, after the censorship project, I’m sure about my perception doesn’t change due to our censorship is not suitable for our society.



Lastly, I hope that our government can to be more open minded and make some changes with the censorship to make it suit to our society. Our society nowadays is matured enough and we have the rights to make the decision. 

Comments

Popular Posts