MMC's Gift

In this blog, I will talk about what I had learnt and my feeling after taking Malaysian Media and Culture (MMC). I very rejoice that I had taken this subject during this semester. I would like to say thank you to Dr Carmen Nge, Ms Ezzati Zaki and Dr Andrew Loo for teaching me MMC this semester. Three of them had taught me a lot about Malaysia’s culture and our media history.


First and foremost, I had learnt a lot of information on censorship of Malaysia during the project. I had done a lot of researches about censorship issue base on my topic and it leads me to think whether our censorship nowadays is suitable for our society or we need to make a change with the censorship. Besides, Miss and Sir also share a lot of information about censorship to us during lecture time to acknowledge us.

Furthermore, I also learnt a lot of Malaysia media history that taught by Dr Andrew Loo. It had given me clearer pictures of our media history by giving us a lot of examples and explanation else I have no idea with our media history if only read through the lecture note. Moreover, Miss Ezzati also shared a lot of information about Malaysia film history to us. She also used some example to teach us and it makes me learnt a lot from her.



Other than that, I also learnt a lot of information about Malaysia culture. Dr Carmen Nge taught us a lot of words that we seldom use and shared some personal experiences with us. Besides that, Dr Carmen, Dr Andrew and Miss Ezzati also bring us to visit some gallery for us to know more about what is art. It gives me a good opportunity to explore in the art area.




Lastly, I very appreciate three of them for teaching me this semester. They had done a lot for us to acknowledge us. I had learnt a lot of things in this semester by three of them. I am willing to say a very big thank you to them for teaching me MMC this semester. 

Comments

  1. I found it funny that you wrote about how I taught you words you seldom use! LOL!! Hope that was not all you learnt from me!

    I loved your post about Anthony Lau's work. I actually really love that work a lot myself and find the bull really imposing and powerful. If it were not in an art gallery for sure I would love to touch the wood and feel the smooth material underneath all that bull strength.

    Thank you for all your other posts and for giving me some insight into how you think, especially about the censorship issue. Good to know you already had a pretty progressive view of censorship before taking this class. Perhaps after this semester you will think about censorship in a more complex way as well, e.g. who censors and why? Is it as simple as censoring to protect the people or is it also about denying the public access to certain information that could be against the interests of the government? These are things to think about, certainly in relation to Lena Hendry's case.

    I like that you do a lot of research for your posts but do cite your sources and use your own words when you write so that the ideas are coming from you and not taken from someone else.

    Thank you for your active participation in class and good luck for your exams! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts