My favorite artwork after field trip


Last week, on 2 of July I had gone to a field trip with my course mates. We went to National Visual Art Gallery, which also called National Art Gallery. National Art Gallery was established by Tunku Abdul Rahman on 28 August 1958. Then the National Art Gallery was changed its name to National Visual Art Gallery since 2011 under the Akta Lembaga Pembangunan Seni Visual Negara 2011.



We go there for visiting and to know more about Malaysia artwork had done by Malaysian artist and also learn more about Malaysia art culture.

At there, I was attracted by an artwork which made by Anthony Lau. It was a sculpture with the materials stone and cement dust called “Lembu Liar” which means Wild Bull in the year 1962. It was produced by the artist at age 29 and it dimension is 63 x 89 x 56cm.



Anthony Lau was born in 1933 at Johor Bahru and study at Brighton College of Art, Sussex, England at 1957 then continues his study at Indiana University in Bloomington, America at 1968. He was influenced by the other artist at 1950s with the new concept.



The artwork, Wild Bull was drawn out all my attention when I saw it. I totally focus on this sculpture and left other things behind. I felt amazing when I saw it due to his shape, body curve and feeling. It like telling me about the braveness, strangeness, and power thought it dynamic body shape. It seems like asking me to be brave and be strong when facing any problems because we had the power to overcome it.











I was damn like this sculpture and that all my entire opinion.
Thank You.

Comments

  1. You used the wrong photo for Anthony Lau, the man was not Anthony Lau.
    Do more research from books not google.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts